Slip and Falls
Have you been injured due to carelessness or negligence, improper maintenance, or a dangerous condition while you were on someone's property? Businesses must maintain their premises in a safe and hazard-free condition. To be compensated for a premises injury, you must prove the property owner owed you a duty and failed to perform it. The Law Office of Jorge Luis Rivas, Jr. can help you obtain compensation for your injury. Our law firm has handled many premises liability cases. Contact us to determine whether your case qualifies.
Common Types of Slip and Falls (Premises Liability) Claims
- • Lack of or poor security- If you are a victim of a crime on someone else's property and they failed to provide adequate safety measures and as a result you are injured, you can file a personal injury claim against them.
- • Lack of or poor maintenance- If the property or business owner failed to maintain the premises properly and as a result you are injured on the property, hiring a personal injury lawyer can help you obtain compensation for your claim.
- • Slip, trip, or fall hazards- If you were injured because of lack of maintenance, debris, or clutter around the area, we can help.
- • Dog bites or dog attacks- If you have been bitten by an unrestrained dog and the dog caused severe injury, hiring a personal injury lawyer may be
beneficial to recover your damages.
Is hiring a personal injury lawyer worth it?
If you suffered severe injuries or are permanently disabled from an injury or accident while on someone else's property, and it can be proved that they are at fault, hiring a personal injury lawyer can help you fight for the justice you deserve.
To file a slip and fall claim, either of the following must be proven:
- • The owner of the property knew of the unsafe condition and failed to correct it.
- • The unsafe condition was an obvious risk of harm.
- • The property owner did not make any attempt to reduce the risk of harm.
Other Personal Injury Cases We Cover:
- • Wrongful Death
- • Rollover Accidents
- • Pedestrian Accidents
- • Amputation
- • Bad Faith Insurance
- • Bicycle Accidents
- • Bus Accidents / 18 Wheeler Accidents
- • Back Injuries
- • Brain Injuries
- • Burn Injuries
- • Workplace Accidents
- • Workers' Compensation Non Subscriber / Lack of Workers Compensation/On-the-job injuries
- • Premises Liability
- • Construction Accidents
- • Nursing Home Injuries
- • Daycare Injuries
- • Distracted Driving Accidents
- • DWIs
- • Dog Bites
- • Eye Injuries
- • Fedex Truck Accidents
- • Hit And Run Accidents
- • Negligent Security
- • Motorcycle Accidents
- • Red And Yellow Light Accidents
- • Road Defects
- • Swimming Pool Accidents
- • Uber Accidents